Saturday, November 10, 2007

Diwali

I guess doing all that research for finding out the other features about The Civic's engineering will take quite some time...meanwhile, lemme mention about something more happening in my life..



At this point I'm in Chennai with all my relatives and having a great time with them. It so happened that for the first time since my brother's entry in the family(that's well over two decades), we thought of taking a break from our breathless lives in Mumbai to spend our favourite festival with our relatives our here. So the festival of lights was pretty different and beautiful this time thanks to the company around me.



The best and simplest definition of the festival is the one that's known to the kids: eat a lot of sweets and blow really loud crackers. Being in a place which is pretty much orthodox, the effects were profound. At our paternal house we were made to eat all the sweets that we've missed all these years. That would have been enough to get me diabetic in a day. We woke up on the festival day to the sounds of really loud crackers that gave me the feeling of being in Basra or Tikrit. When I was having my bath I could see small pebbles move around due to the impetus provided by the explosives; fun, nonetheless. But it ceased to be fun when one of those confounded crackers hit my granny right in the eye. That gave all of us a really tough time. but thankfully, it was short lived. Meanwhile, my aunts saw to it that I gained a few pounds eating their elaborate meals.



It so happened that BigB had to leave in a short while, so the day I'd been to see him off, I joined my uncle's family and had great fun there. Slept everyday for about 9-10 hours from about 3:30 in the morning to 12:00 in the noon. I woke up to the greetings of "good afternoon!" rather than "good morning!". The breakfast was the lunch. Saw a number of movies(will write about them shortly). Currently my movie plans stand interrupted owing to those willing to chat rather than see the mindless noise of gunshots. Anyways, the sad thing is that today's my last day here, but it's not very painful coz it's home sweet home back in Mumbai when I land there on monday morning. Looking forward to it!

1 comment:

E said...

how come you didn't get hit by a cracker?