Monday, October 15, 2007

Friends

This post is dedicated to a few of my friends, most of them are from the Information Technology branch at our Institute. Today, I don't know why, I'm feeling the brief loss of communication with these people very much. May be it's because I had one of my rare thirty-second-talks with the Invisible Woman, or more so because I met Prat and didn't join him for occasional our bus ride homeward. Anyways, this class of about 70 students(?) I know is filled with lots of talent representing young India!! Some really impressive ones are:

Prat: One of my closest friends ever since I set my feet in this institution. Prat and Mr.K have many similar features (like football). Prat's specialty is that he doesn't need to strain much with anything to study. I remember, in our first years, instead of using the evening time like how most of us do, Prat used the early morning, especially the time from three to six. What most people achieve throughout the evening, is done by this fellow in just three hours flat! And he does get away with beautiful scores. Thats the academic part of him. He's crazy about football and his game console. I've always observed something novel in what he says, not the stuff that every Tom,Dick and Harry would tell you. And yeah, he's cut out for pursuing an MBA degree ahead. I hope that's from IIMA, because anything other than that would not fit him. Every vacation, I spend some real good time with him, watching the latest releases. It's just sad on the part of life that there barely is any time to be spent with people other than your classmates!

Metal: One fine lady...a person who, I feel, intimidates the small-timers by her wonderful brain. Metal happens to be the only person I knew before entering the college. She's extremely fond of debating and considers me to be a loser in that game ever since we lost a competition in our first year! ;) Nonetheless, she's a person for whom I have a deep respect. She too, is a cut above the rest. Not at all the omnipresent social-butterfly, this semester she has been even more difficult to catch..and that earned her the new name. She's nuts when it comes to reading and writing. Fish told me once that she used to write for some big shot magazine(unfortunately, I don't remember which one), which is evident going by the way she writes articles.

George of the Jungle: One of my "brothers"; we schooled from the sister branches of the same institute. Another football fan, and Prat like guy. would spend least time with books and get away with some of the best scores. He was the first K.V. guy I met here; and very easily identifiable thanks to his Delhiite accent. "Brothers" do bond very fast, and so did George. I'd love to spend one beautiful evening with the entire gang at Gupta's!

Bandu: I'd rather term him the Dark Horse, coz he always knows everything, and teaches everything to the kids, and yet gets scores that he should not. He got hitched a while back, with the Baby Elephant; nice couple there. Bandu has a wonderful knack of cracking weird jokes. HL was the result of one of those. His antics are always worth watching, like the fitting workshop comedies!! Has Grey matter meant for programming. Wonder what his plans are...

For the time being, lemme stop here..will list more heroes ahead...

1 comment:

E said...

nice. and i'm back online